Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Umbrella Karma



Way back in October I lost my red umbrella on the bus. Since then, I've broken our only remaining umbrella as well. I don't know what happened, the blue umbrella just exploded in a shower of plastic and metal bits and it made its way to the dumpster soon after. We've been living through the Vancouver fall umbrella-less. This is not the most practical thing to do in a city that is located in a rainforest zone.

My environmentalist frugal side was considering buying a long lasting but very expensive handmade (here in Vancouver!) umbrella from The Umbrella Shop. My lazy side nearly bought a $10 forest green umbrella at Safeway the other day. Fortunately, I couldn't quite face the idea of having a forest green umbrella and I put it back into the display case.

Tonight the great umbrella gods offered up a solution. As I sat down on the bus, I noticed that the door wouldn't close because someone's red umbrella was stuck in it. That someone didn't seem to be around and I quickly called dibs. I am beyond pleased to have a new red umbrella!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for "free-cycling."

    My umbrella is boring and black. I guess it matches everything, but I like the red umbrella against the snow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails