Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

93. Train for and participate in the Sun Run.

My dear friend Janet convinced me to join her in the Vancouver Sun Run this year and I am proud to say that we both ran the whole 10 kilometres in one hour and 12 minutes! I started training in mid-January and followed a great program that gradually increased my running segments while decreasing the amount of walking I was doing. I kept to a 3 runs/week schedule and did many runs with Sophie in the jogging stroller at the beach.

Here we are on race day, gathering with the rest of the 55,000 participants:


The crowds were amazing, a sea of people in every direction:


Dean, Sophie, Mom, Dad & Kristi (taking this photo) came to cheer us on at the 5.5km mark:


The 45 second video Kristi took while running alongside of us:


Runners coming over the Burrard St Bridge:


Minutes after completing the run, I think we look pretty darn good!:

2 comments:

  1. YAY! You guys were awesome!! Nice to see the photos and the video up now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, Hol! You were the best running mate ever!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails