Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

The bike of my dreams


This Patchwork cruiser bike by Felt Bicycles has stolen my heart. Two of my favourite activities are quilting and cycling so this is clearly the perfect bike for me! I spotted it on the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show blog and saw that they are raffling one of these beauties off tomorrow at their big show in Oregon.

I did a little research and it looks like you can't get this bike in Canada. I may just have to go on a road trip to Bellingham, WA and then ride my shiny new patchwork bike home across the border!

What of my red bike you ask? My red Norco Monterey will always be my first love and I still need and want it! I think there's room for two bikes in my life. I have no complaints with my red, 15-speed, hybrid bike with rim brakes and it has served me faithfully for nine years. I'll still need a bike with gears to get me up and down the hills of my neighbourhood, but I can certainly see going for a ride along a seaside path on a quilting-themed cruiser. Oh, yes, that would be sweet!

What do you think of this bike? Have you ever ridden a one-speed cruiser with coaster brakes?

10 comments:

  1. It's very cute! Let me know if you want to go down to Washington and we can have a road trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so comfy to ride. I hope you get one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I got a cruiser in May. The funny thing is that it is oddly reminiscent of a quilt I'd made the year before.
    http://naptimequilter.blogspot.com/2010/05/chicken-and-egg.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE cruiser bikes. After years of riding touring and mtn bikes, I'm tired of leaning over. My fav thing is riding all over Holland on cruiser bikes - my kids loved it too (but probably because they didn't have to wear helmets - bike and cars never mix there). Go for it Holly! I'd never make it home over here in N.Van on it, but would gladly strap this honey to the back of my car and take it around Stanley Park every weekend if I could!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok so i pretty much NEED this bike now :) i cannot get over the patchwork print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and me both, Amy! I've actually got a huge picture of this bike as my desktop wallpaper. Too bad we have to go to the States to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's awesome Holly! I just got an Electra Daisy with 3 speeds and coaster brakes and I love it. I think the patchwork bike is the only one that is possibly prettier than my bike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely blog and LOVE the bike-

    My monkeys use my vintage banana seat bike- made in Europe- So I figure I should ride something equally as cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the coolest bike!!! Ever!!! My boyfriend rides a Felt bike, Actually he's got 4 bikes so I'm sure you could definitely manage 2.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails