Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Potholder progress

The current state of my potholder 
(sorry for the bad photo, it's a dark and rainy night here in Vancouver)

After carefully (I thought!) going through all my works in progress in order to write my first WIP Wednesday post, I neglected to list the potholders, my most time-sensitive WIP! This is why I need a list!

Here in the Lower Mainland, we're lucky to have two modern quilt guilds, the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild and the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild. To build community between the two groups, we're having our first VMQG-FVMQG Swap this fall. We're making two potholders for our partners and the deadline to send them is November 30th. 

I've been going back and forth about my design for weeks but have finally settled on something I've been wanting to try for a long time - equilateral triangles. I've cut enough triangles for one potholder and now I just need to piece them together. I'm thinking I'll do them in strips but wondering if I need to press the seams after every triangle. Does anyone have any tips?

3 comments:

  1. i have no idea how to put this together lol! Its going to be fabulous - what are you doing for the second potholder - I worked all afternoon on mine but still have a way to go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting colours! I have a triangle project on my someday list too. It's a long list. I'm not sure what your question is about the pressing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lot of tiny piecing. I suggest a large bar of chocolate next to your sewing machine! Look forward to seeing it all seen up. I just finished mine tonight so for once I won't be late. Just hoping for a peek of sun tomorrow to take some pics before I mail them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails