Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Blogathon Canada 2012

SewSistersQuiltShop

Hello Canada! If you've just arrived at my blog through Blogathon Canada, welcome! I wish I could invite you in and offer you some Celebration cookies, but I ate them all last night during a late-night sewing marathon. Today is an especially busy day for me, but I have time for a quick blog post before heading back to the sewing machine!



Hi! I'm Holly and I love modern quilting! I'm the founder and president of the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild, a group of fabulous quilters who meet monthly (our meeting is tonight, guests are always welcome!) to connect, laugh, and get inspired. Since starting the VMQG in June 2010, my life has been enriched and I've made many amazing and talented friends. I'd recommend that you check our your local Modern Quilt Guild or start your own!


I'm currently working on my Kona Modern Quilts challenge project (due in less than 12 hours!) that uses fabric from local designer and just a super nice person, Cynthia Frenette. I also have a dozen other projects on the go, including my colour wheel quilt that I finally basted at the last VMQG sew-in!


My most recent finish is a rainbow pincushion for a pincushion swap organized by the Kansas City MQG. The cool thing is that I'll be swapping with someone going to QuiltCon and I'm hoping to meet them in Austin, Texas in February!

I look forward to meeting new Canadian quilting bloggers through Blogathon Canada and I hope you have a chance to visit a bunch of new blogs! Thanks to Felicity and Cathy for hosting the BC leg of this tour!


7 comments:

  1. Love your color wheel quilt... waiting to see it finished. Thanks for posting about the Blogathon!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colour wheel quilt, Holly! I had to take mine apart because it didn't lie flat and it is still in pieces. I must get working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly.....nice to meet you. and love your color wheel quilt!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colour wheel quilt - gorgeous!! Thanks for the inspiration... I have signed up to follow your blog via email!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blog Holly I love Modern Quilting, wish I loved closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great color wheel- Have fun participating in the blog hop. I am looking forward to meeting some new to me Canadian bloggers and quilters. How fun is that!
    Regards from Snowy Alberta,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Holly! Love your pin cushion! Can't wait to,see your kona quilt finish!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails