Hop on over to Brandy Lynn Maslowski's blog, Explore Fibre, or head to iTunes to listen to Episode 9 (Modern Quilting Uncovered) of the new Canadian Quilt Talk podcast! This week, Brandy Lynn interviewed me about modern quilting, how I started the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild, and how our guild is now an official member of The Modern Quilt Guild. I had a lot of fun chatting with Brandy Lynn about a topic that I'm passionate about and I hope you enjoy the interview! If you'd like to stay in the loop about future Canadian Quilt Talk podcasts, you can like the facebook page.
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Tomorrow morning, I'm meeting up with Amy, Sonja, and Constance, and road tripping down to Portland, Oregon for the second annual Pacific Northwest Modern Quilt Guild Meetup! Four days of sewing, socializing, classes, fabric shopping, and more (and did I mention, this is all child-free?!). I can't wait!
It's been almost exactly six months since the awesomeness that was QuiltCon and I'm looking forward to re-connecting with friends I met there! I also can't wait to meet new soon-to-be friends. I always have something to talk about with fellow modern quilters, so my usual introverted self isn't too worried about the large group! Plus, I met a bunch of these folks in Seattle last year at the first meetup between the Vancouver, Seattle and Portland MQGs. I had so much fun at that event (just check my flickr set!) and I can't wait to attend my second meetup!
If you don't know me yet and you've just found my blog, here's a picture of me with the tote I'm working on for the tote bag swap:
And here are a few facts about me:
1) I'm a SAHM to two delightful girls (ages 6.5 and 2.5)
2) I married my high school sweetheart, who I met in math class because we were both math geeks
3) Hip hop is one of my favourite musical genres (especially stuff that's easy to sing along with like "Inner Ninja" by Classified who I just learned is from Nova Scotia!)
4) I'm from Vancouver Island, British Columbia, a gorgeous island off the West Coast of BC. Therefore, I take the ferry a lot to visit family who still live on the island. I moved to the lower mainland (that's what we call the southwest corner of BC that includes Vancouver and surrounding cities) in 1995 to go to university.
5) I'm a biology geek with a BSc in Ecology. I'm also a substitute teacher so I get thrown into random classrooms to teach subjects as diverse as organic chemistry, tap dance, and Punjabi!
6) I'm the founder and president of the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild. I love my guild!